marv

Don't spam me

Monday, July 25, 2005

4 days to the weekend

The track of the day is "In Joy and Sorrow" by HIM (His Infernal Majesty). HIM is a Finnish band. This song is from 1 or 2 years back and a really emotional song for me. I am quite sure most of you would not have heard of them since our radio stations here play mostly pop and r&b. In other words, they suck. Give this song a try and let me know what you think.

After work yesterday, I went to the SS2 pasar malam nearby my place with my brother to buy something. While I was walking about in there, I decided to snap some pictures that might seem interesting.
This first picture was taken just as I was entering the pasar malam. It was still quite early (around 5pm). So, not that many people around yet but 90% of the stalls were already open. The other 10% were probably the guys who watch weather reports. Later, you will understand what I mean.


Before it started to rain, I stopped by this stall to buy some fishballs and some dim sum shit. While my brother was placing his order, I took a snapshot of the stall.


Could not help but take a picture of this place. I have been there 2 or 3 times, I don't remember. A place that sells yow char kuai as well as some Hong Kong style foods. All of a sudden there are at least 4 restaurants in around the same area that are selling these Hong Kong style foods.

I have listed them here based on my preference:

Wong Kok Char Chan Teng
Golden Bread
S.O.D. (short for Source Of Delight)
Shall We Meet (Food here sucks. Don't let the crowd fool you. They are probably hired actors.)

Kick-ass pork chop. As seen in this picture, an auntie is flirting with pork chop seller to learn the recipe. This is a must-try. The pork chop that he sells is lean, tasty and crispy. I would have bought some if I wasn't on a diet. DAMN!

After a while, it started raining and I had to get out of there.
Soya bean = RM1.50
Fishballs = RM5
Watching people scamper for shelter while I look from under my umbrella = PRICELESS!

9 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    chatter box down? Or is it mine PC not working?

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Marvin said…

    it's down
    dammit.
    it's so hard to get a good chatterbox nowadays.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (quote)Watching people scamper for shelter while I look from under my umbrella = PRICELESS!(/quote)

    You cruel, cruel boy. Is watching other ppl's misfortune really so enjoyable?

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Marvin said…

    that depends. in this case, yes :D

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Marvin said…

    damn this stupid tag board... already 1 whole day down
    !@#!@$#^#%$&

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm.....linking an irc channel to a tag board. i think it's been done before

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello g! nice blog. although u talk rubbish. shit man i miss the pasar malam and pasar malam food.

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Marvin said…

    What can I say?
    One man’s meat is another man’s poison... :D

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger JC said…

    woah ... "In Joy and Sorrow" by HIM, some stone cold rock dude. I understand how you feel man. Reminds me of a emotional favourite of mine, Mazzy Star - Fade into You. Sample it on my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home