marv

Don't spam me

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bakeries in SS2

SS2 has damn many bakeries. FOUR within the Monday pasar malam area itself. Why does SS2 need so many bakeries? SS2 people (not necessarily residents) like to eat buns and pastries ah?

Don't believe me? Let's count shall we? Anyone who doesn't know how to count to four? Please click here.
Yesterday while I went around hunting for some portuguese egg tarts that my mum had asked me to buy, I snapped pics of all the existing bakeries in the SS2 area (to prove that I am not lying).
Two of these bakeries.. Berry's Cake House and The Baker's Cottage are both located on the same row of shops. Both also not bad lah... The buns and pastries looked good enough to make me hungry (but the cashier's buns not nice)... prices reasonable...
But both also sold out of portuguese egg tarts.

Then I walked over to another block of shop houses where there were another 2 bakeries side by side, only separated by a small lane.









Bread Story and King's Confectionary. I decided to go buy from King's since it would definitely be cheaper than Bread Story because Bread Story sells fancy and unique types of pastries and buns whereas King's range of stuff is the more ordinary type.

As you can see, anyone who intends to buy buns and pastries in SS2 is spoilt for choices. You gotta know which one to go to depending on what item you want while keeping in mind how much you would have to pay.

Portuguese egg tarts are definitely the most sellable item in the SS2 bakeries. I had to go to 3 damn bakeries just to get the portuguese egg tarts for my mum. That also, only 2 pieces left. I might even have bought the last 2 portuguese egg tarts in the whole of SS2! Wah! I have limited edition SS2 portuguese egg tarts!
If anyone is planning to open a bakery in SS2, it's probably a good idea to prepare more portuguese egg tarts. Looks like SS2 might need a 5th bakery to continue supplying the hungry stomachs of SS2 people with more portuguese egg tarts as well as to balance the Ying and Yang of the pastry world.

For a change, I have selected a Jap song as the track of the day. It's "Fukai Mori" by Do As Infinity. I first came to know of Do As Infinity when I saw one of their MTVs. The music really caught my ears. But what really attracted me to their music was the lead singer.... She has a powerful voice, sings with passion and has a damnnnn chunnnn face to match it!
She is mine... ALL MINE!
Who says my taste in women is declining?!?! WHO SAYS?!?!

9 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (quote)
    Who says my taste in women is declining?!?! WHO SAYS?!?!
    (/quote)
    Search yourself. You know it to be true. :p

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger JC said…

    (but the cashier's buns not nice) <---- uahahahahaha lol.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Marvin said…

    aih!
    that girl in chili's was not bad ok! you all have too high standards...

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Marvin said…

    Correction:Yueng Yee says that I have missed Angel cake house, some ah pek cake house same row as Novel House, some more wanna count Secret Recipe and BP coz they sell bread. Oklah my maths fail...

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Marvin said…

    aih wait a sec! the ah pek warung one close down oredi lah!

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, these few days damn buzy. Go survey 4~5 sites daily. Only back to office after evening. Damn, still not too bad since I can get extra cash if work later than 8.30.
    Going to malacca for convo tomorrow. Back on sunday. You have a happy time for remaining of this week :D

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like bread story's mini croissonts. RM0.40 for one.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Marvin said…

    wah so cheap
    that's good
    it can be an end of the month pokai time lunch meal.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Marvin said…

    ahhead: get more rest man. will talk to you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home