marv

Don't spam me

Thursday, August 11, 2005

First post as a 23 year old

I am 23 today... I don't know whether to be happy or sad
I feel like an old geezer already. 23 years have passed but everything seems like only yesterday.
On this day, I feel indebted to many of my loved ones; family.., friends... and of course the almighty God for without them, I would not be what I am today.
These are pics of me as a kid. Those were the days... not a worry in the world. The most prominent memory of my childhood was the fights with my younger brother. I used to always win of course...
I grew up in Petaling Jaya and I have been living here for all my life. I might have shifted once but I don't have a single memory of it, so I don't really know..
Throughout my life, I have met all sorts of people. SOME of the worst, I met mostly in Malacca where I took my degree course. However, I have also met some really good friends while I was there. They are the ones with whom I still keep in touch with now. The good memories there will always remain with me. Steamboat rocks!

There are also some friends with whom I have known since primary school. We watched each other grow up. I remember in primary.. Ryan used to help me buy nasi lemak on his way to school and charged me commission for each packet.. !@#$%^&*
And Yao Han... used to kiss me (without my consent of course).. bloody gay homo scarred my life.. hahahaha...

I cannot deny that high school left the greatest impact on my life. My first crush.. (or was it second?).. The bitchiest teachers.... Detention class.... Faeces on walls... And last but not least... The greatest friends that I had and ever will have. It's unbelievable how much all of us have in common...
I could go on and on talking about secondary school life..

Growing up in SS2, I made many friends with peers living around the neighbourhood. I got to know alot of them while playing badminton in front of my house (which is now a basketball court). I remember I used to organise the badminton sessions on weekends all the time. And they were always late.

Not to mention some of my colleagues who have helped my improve as a person with their advice, be it good or bad.

I bought something from Atria then as I was checking the receipt, I noticed a funny name printed on it.
Mr. Seelan... What a name!
Seelan? Hokkien for 'mati pucuk'?

Yesterday I was in 1U buying some stuff. Then I saw the actress from our local Cantonese drama "The Homecoming". She's the one who spoke rojak Cantonese and English. Second TV personality I've seen there this month. Unfortunately I don't have any photos. She's not very pretty anyway :P
Maybe I should hang out in 1U more often. Who knows who I might bump into next?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger JC said…

    Happy Birthday man! Rock on dude!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    judging from the baby pic on the left, I can see why yao han did whatever he did..

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday Marvin! Nice knowing you! :)

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Marvin said…

    It's coz 8TV and TV3 are near 1U lah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home