Gong Xi Gong Xi
GONG HEI FATT CHOY!
Life is full of regrets. Not taking leave today is one of mine =(
On CNY eve, I had a reunion dinner with my mum's relatives. They are my closest relatives coz they live nearby and I see them quite often. There was damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn alot of food and obviously, we could not finish it.
On CNY day itself, I went to church early in the morning. A little too early. I fell asleep while the priest was talking but my eyes were definitely wide open at the end of the service when the priest started handing out angpaus and mandarin oranges to everyone.
After church, I met up with some relatives at my grand aunt's house. From there, we went from house to house toeat collect angpau visit relatives.
During this time, I learnt one thing. My little 9 year old cousin has no respect for elders in a good way and also in a bad way.
GOOD WAY
My uncle just came in after a smoke, sat down next to my cousin and spoke to him.
Very direct and straight to the point. The only way to handle smokers.
Below is a pic of my cousin threatening my uncle from smoking.

BAD WAY
I had another dinner with family and relatives last night. After lou sang, the dishes came. My 9 year old cousin wanted to continue using the small plates from the yee sang but my grandaunt insisted on him changing to a new and bigger plate and this is what I heard him tell her.
It is the dog year and I just realised... Fuck, I'll be 24 this year.
Everywhere I go, all the relatives I have visited, I keep being asked the second most annoying question in the world.
"Got girlfriend already ah?"
Like it's some kind of crime if I don't have one. Which I don't. But that's besides the point.
The prize of Most annoying question goes to "How did you lose so much weight? Teach me please."
I end up having to repeat myself to every single person who asks. Sigh.
On the second of CNY, my family was outstation and I was home alone. I watched alot of TV episodes that my brother had downloaded. At night, I went to cybercafe to play a 5V5 Dota game with my friends and some of my friends relatives. Played 2 games, lost both. Money wasted.
On the forth day of CNY, I went back to Klang to visit some of my dad's relatives. Have I ever mentioned I hate going back there? Or have you already lost count of how many times I've said it? I only see my relatives there once a year. And even worse, they speak Hokkien, which I don't understand.
As we do every year, we visited my grand uncle and grand aunt at an old shoplot where my dad grew up. I was quite surprised when my granduncle asked me "Kit jor fun mei?" which translates to "Are you married yet?"
All I could do was smile and shake my head.
Outside, I saw a shoplot with this signboard:

Hmm... Kok Lick.
Very interesting.
I wonder if there is a rival company called Kok Suck.
Life is full of regrets. Not taking leave today is one of mine =(
On CNY eve, I had a reunion dinner with my mum's relatives. They are my closest relatives coz they live nearby and I see them quite often. There was damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn alot of food and obviously, we could not finish it.
On CNY day itself, I went to church early in the morning. A little too early. I fell asleep while the priest was talking but my eyes were definitely wide open at the end of the service when the priest started handing out angpaus and mandarin oranges to everyone.
After church, I met up with some relatives at my grand aunt's house. From there, we went from house to house to
During this time, I learnt one thing. My little 9 year old cousin has no respect for elders in a good way and also in a bad way.
GOOD WAY
My uncle just came in after a smoke, sat down next to my cousin and spoke to him.
Uncle: Hello Sean, how are you? Cousin: Wah... your smoke smell, so smelly! I almost want to pengsan already! Uncle: Hehe.. sorry sorry. Cousin: Next time when you come my house, if you smoke I won't let you come in. |
Very direct and straight to the point. The only way to handle smokers.
Below is a pic of my cousin threatening my uncle from smoking.

BAD WAY
I had another dinner with family and relatives last night. After lou sang, the dishes came. My 9 year old cousin wanted to continue using the small plates from the yee sang but my grandaunt insisted on him changing to a new and bigger plate and this is what I heard him tell her.
Cousin: I dowan to change to bigger plate. Grandaunt: Change lah. Cousin: This plate can already lah! Grandaunt: No! Must change! Cousin: Crazy one er you. |
It is the dog year and I just realised... Fuck, I'll be 24 this year.
Everywhere I go, all the relatives I have visited, I keep being asked the second most annoying question in the world.
"Got girlfriend already ah?"
Like it's some kind of crime if I don't have one. Which I don't. But that's besides the point.
The prize of Most annoying question goes to "How did you lose so much weight? Teach me please."
I end up having to repeat myself to every single person who asks. Sigh.
On the second of CNY, my family was outstation and I was home alone. I watched alot of TV episodes that my brother had downloaded. At night, I went to cybercafe to play a 5V5 Dota game with my friends and some of my friends relatives. Played 2 games, lost both. Money wasted.
On the forth day of CNY, I went back to Klang to visit some of my dad's relatives. Have I ever mentioned I hate going back there? Or have you already lost count of how many times I've said it? I only see my relatives there once a year. And even worse, they speak Hokkien, which I don't understand.
As we do every year, we visited my grand uncle and grand aunt at an old shoplot where my dad grew up. I was quite surprised when my granduncle asked me "Kit jor fun mei?" which translates to "Are you married yet?"
All I could do was smile and shake my head.
Outside, I saw a shoplot with this signboard:

Hmm... Kok Lick.
Very interesting.
I wonder if there is a rival company called Kok Suck.


2 Comments:
At 7:00 PM,
JC said…
Kok licking business la this one.
At 4:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
Anyone install battery from there will have some kok licking services ...
Post a Comment
<< Home