Valentine's, so what?

Happy Valentine's everyone!
How was your Valentine's? Any of you got lucky?
Well, not me...
This year, I didn't send out any gifts and neither did I receive any. No win, no lose.
Like every year, I just stayed home.. had dinner, played computer games and watched football.
But I don't mind at all. Imagine if I had a girl. I would have to spend money buying her a gift and paying for her dinner or even worse, she might nag me for playing too much computer games and watching too much football. But on the other hand, she might be able to persuade me to leave my computer games and football by giving me some lovin' :P
It's been a long time since I gave someone a Valentine's day gift. The most recent one was in high school. As some of my friends know, I am a person who's not very good at buying gifts. There was once when I gave a friend of mine a towel with her name imprinted on it as a farewell gift. An ex-colleague of mine suggested one. When I told another friend of mine, he said "Why a towel? You want her to think of you everytime after she takes a shower?".
Come to think of it... that makes sense also. Maybe I should have gotten her a blanket. That way she will think of me when she's in bed! :P
Anyway, I think the most recent Valentine's day gift I gave someone was an audio CD. If I remember correctly, it was a love songs compilation (Not sung by me lah). Not much of a gift but I think it would be more useful than roses lah.
2 days ago, a lady called in to a radio station and she told the DJ that she didn't really like flowers. Just because other girls got flowers, she also wanted them.
Conclusion: Ladies are evil, ladies are greedy.
A colleague of mine whom I referred to as "The toad" in a previous blog entry, kept asking me if I have a girlfriend. I have told him that I am still single but he doesn't believe me. He kept telling me not to bluff and insisted that I tell him that I have a girlfriend even when I do not. He even went as far as hitting me on my arm and saying "TELL ME! GOT OR NOT!". And when I was going home at about 6.30pm, he said "Sure got lah... you going home so early.... Don't bluff lar you...". What's wrong with going home at 6.30 when I'm supposed to be off at 6?!
This fella.. he sits next to me.... very scary. I hear rumours that he is gay... ACK!
I better watch my back whenever I bend over to pick anything up...


1 Comments:
At 7:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
hahahha....maybe he wants to be your valentine :P
Post a Comment
<< Home