marv

Don't spam me

Monday, June 19, 2006

^_^

On Saturday afternoon, Edmund and I had planned to go to the Sumorobot Technology Preview by Microsoft at the KL twin towers. I was supposed to meet at his place at 1pm, walk to the LRT station from there, and take the LRT to the KLCC station and look at chicks along the journey. However, due to certain unforseen circumstances, I was a couple of minutes late. When I got to Edmund's house, it was raining damn heavily so we ended up going there in his car.

The lifts at the twin towers are damn weird. Some go to odd numbered floors, some go to even numbered floors, some go from level 1-20 only, some from 21-36, some to level 40 only, and so on. We took the wrong lift and ended up at level 40. We had to take that lift down all the way to the ground floor again, and search for the correct lift to go to level 30. After some walking around, we managed to find the place. Inside, there were many REAL computer geeks. I felt a little out of place because everyone was talking about computer tech stuff which I had no idea about. Instead, I was looking out for any chun chicks. Yay, I am not a REAL geek!

Speaking of chun chicks, there was one lady there... she was quite hot. I think she was part of the organizing committee for this conference. Edmund and I agree that she was the highlight of the conference :P
She was with someone whom we think is her bf. Girls like these, you can tell one.. sure got bf.

Anyway, during the conference, they gave us a presentation on what the Sumorobot is, its concept, and they even gave us a demo. The Sumorobot is a little electronic object like a cube on wheels with sensors attached to it to help it navigate and identify its opponent.
How it's supposed to work is exactly like 2 sumo wrestlers in a ring. The Sumorobot that manages to push the opponent Sumorobot outside the ring is the winner. The most interesting part is, we can sign up as a team to join a competition to actually programme those little things to go against sumorobots programmed by other teams.
But we didn't sign up lah.. unfortunately, I am not as good in programming as I am in bed.





The Sumo Robot in action








On Sunday morning, I went to KL with Aaron and Edmund for dim sum at Restaurant Teochew. I suggested that place because they have a very large variety there. It was damn crowded. We waited at least half an hour to get a table. It seems that everyone else has nothing else better to do than to eat dim sum on Sunday mornings. Based on observation, apparently chun chicks don't eat dim sum on Sunday mornings. Either that or they are asleep, you be the judge.
As the workers came around with the dim sum on trolleys, we just grabbed everything and anything. The bill came up to a whopping RM 90+!!!!
OMG.... we are a bunch of gluttons!