marv

Don't spam me

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Vomit blood

2-3 weeks ago, my company hired a new guy to take over my project after which I will be moving on to work on other projects. I was initially very excited because it meant that I would have the opportunity to learn something new. However, after these 2-3 weeks handing of over my project to my new colleague, the excitement is slowly turning into frustration and dissatisfaction.

Don't get me wrong... the new guy is a nice guy but he just doesn't seem suitable for the job.
I'm sure you've heard the saying "You can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink".
My problem now is.... I've brought this horse to water. I've given the horse other options apart from water; I've offered milk, coffee and softdrinks.
It is during this time when I realise, it is not because the horse doesn't want to drink.
It is because.....
THIS FUCKING HORSE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRINK!
Sumore, the horse doesn't put in enough effort to learn how to drink and frequently wanders off for cigarette breaks. Doesn't that make it a damn useless horse?

The horse is of course, my new colleague. And imagine the drinks as programming languages. Putting it in context, that would mean that my new colleague hardly knows any programming languages but he applied for a software engineering job. Imagine doing programming without even knowing the concept of if.. else loops, without knowing any SQL. He's a graduate from Sunway College. Guess where I won't be sending my future children (if any) to further their studies.
I'm wondering what the management was thinking when they hired him. I remember doing a programming test when I applied for this post. Didn't he get one? If he did, how the heck did he pass?
Did he sleep with someone? Or was it blackmail?
Sighhhh................

So now, I have a horse and a toad in my office. But I would say that the toad is far more annoying.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger iluvtina said…

    perhaps he jampi your mgmt! be careful...you might be next. the next thing, you will be taking him out for dinners and movies! hahaha!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sunway college is not goodleh.....twinning with a second grade uni in aussie....Victoria U....ever heard of it?? i guessed so...

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger ahhead21 said…

    dude, don't say like this. Marv, tot your bro studying at Sunway too -_-

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Marvin said…

    he's not with sunway. he's with monash :P

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hoho. good for him

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hoho. good for him

     

Post a Comment

<< Home