marv

Don't spam me

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

screwed

Last week, my supervisor spoke to me about plans for some incoming projects. During this time, she also asked me if I would be interested in taking over another colleague's project. It is quite an interesting project so I said OK without any hesitation. I thought that OK, my colleague would be taking on a new project while I take over his. But only yesterday I found out... fuck... this colleague has resigned and will only be here for another week. And that's not really the worst part. The worst part is... I don't know the programming language.

So this means... that I will have to learn the flow of the system, get all the source codes from him, study the source codes and learn the programming language in a week. Rome was not built in a day, and definitely not in a week. The staff turnover rate in my company is rather high. I've been here for exactly 3 months and already almost 10 staff have left the company but the company has also managed to replace them. I think ah, coz the turnover rate is so high, my company would have to conduct interviews non-stop throughout the whole year.
Some of the interviewers are weird. They like to conduct the interviews at the pantry. Got other rooms to use but no, they prefer to use the pantry where office staff walk in and out.
Next time why not conduct inside the lift then..
Fortunately, my supervisor, who was my interviewer at that time, is more sane than some of the other interviewers. My interview was conducted in a proper meeting room.

There's a new guy who joined yesterday. He's in my team. He's sitting 2 desks away but I can hear him breathe. Why so loud one?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger iluvtina said…

    wonder whether this new guy will be in your work mate black list as well? hehehe

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Turnover rates are normally high in the IT industry-don't get demotivated by it.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home