The Curve, Friday
Last Friday, again instead of going to the cybercafe, I went to the Curve for dinner with some friends; Sean, Aaron Soo, and not to mention Aaron Soo's twin brother who is also known as Andrew Lye's best friend... Tan Boon Yew. The purpose of going there for dinner was to see what was this Cineleisure place about.
Aaron came to pick me from my place. He said there was a massive jam which was the reason of him being late. We got to the Curve at about 8 something. We met Sean and Boon Yew there. I guess they got abit bored of waiting for us which is why they went to U2 to buy some clothes. After they were done with their 'girly' activity, we headed over to Italianiese for dinner.
We looked around to search for the restaurant and we were DAMN hungry.
We walked upstairs to search for it then one of my friends spotted it downstairs. We are idiots.
At the restaurant, a lady showed us to our seats and introduced herself. I don't remember her name coz she wasn't very pretty, I'm sorry. Our seats were those long cushioned seats that you would usually find in some fast food restaurants. I sat next to Aaron. For those of you who don't know, Aaron is a BIG, macho guy.
I sat down first, then when Aaron sat down too, there was a force throwing me upwards into the air, it was sort of like a see-saw. OMG, What a feeling.
Nick, was our server if I remember correctly. I thought Nick was a guy's name but our server was a lady. Anyways, Nick introduced herself "Hi, I am Nick.. I will be taking your orders".
Aaron got excited and started introducing ALL of us. "Oh, hello Nick.. I am Aaron, and this is Marvin, that is Boon Yew and that is Sean."
Boon Yew, Sean and I looked awkwardly at each other.
I cannot imagine how that would be like if we went out in a big group.
When Nick was taking our orders, she kept telling us that all the servings are very big and that we would be better off sharing the food. After all, "Sharing is Caring", she said. Aaron told Nick, "Oh.. sure can finish one... we have this guy here", while pointing at me. Bastard.
It was obvious that he was trying to impress Nick with his sweet-talking skills. Throughout the night, Aaron was trying to embarrass me for calling him a pimp daddy. For those of you who don't know, Aaron is quite the rapper, and everyone knows that rappers are also part-time pimps. You should have been there when Aaron was rapping to Will Smith's "Men In Black".
Soooo cool!
He even did the female parts!
What a man!
After dinner, we went to Cineleisure to discover that it wasn't open yet. Aaron started to assault the guard with his questions. "When is this place going to open?" "What will this place have inside?" "So this is a shopping centre?" "Another shopping centre?! Aren't there already so many shopping centres around here already?!"
Feeling disappointed, we walked back inside the Curve. There was an area where they were promoting soccer products. There was an uncle playing the FIFA World Cup 06 game on the PS2. My friends and I stood behind him to watch. The promoter walked up to us and told one of my friends to play against him. Winner gets a prize. My friend was reluctant so instead... all my friends, knowing that I am a soccer game fan, pushed me to play with that uncle. I don't have a PS2 and I was playing against an uncle... pressure pressure... I picked Spain and the damn uncle chose Brazil. Everyone knows Brazil is a damn cheating team in ALL soccer games.
Boon Yew made a bet with Sean that I will lose 3-0. Isn't it great to have friends who have such high confidence in you.
I made it through the first half without conceding. Phew... 0-0
But later in the second half... well... Boon Yew was right. I lost 3-0.
The worst part is that the stupid promoter had to grab his mic and announce it to the whole fucking place.
Well... at least I still won a Sony pen and some Adidas stickers.... Wow....
Aaron came to pick me from my place. He said there was a massive jam which was the reason of him being late. We got to the Curve at about 8 something. We met Sean and Boon Yew there. I guess they got abit bored of waiting for us which is why they went to U2 to buy some clothes. After they were done with their 'girly' activity, we headed over to Italianiese for dinner.
We looked around to search for the restaurant and we were DAMN hungry.
We walked upstairs to search for it then one of my friends spotted it downstairs. We are idiots.
At the restaurant, a lady showed us to our seats and introduced herself. I don't remember her name coz she wasn't very pretty, I'm sorry. Our seats were those long cushioned seats that you would usually find in some fast food restaurants. I sat next to Aaron. For those of you who don't know, Aaron is a BIG, macho guy.
I sat down first, then when Aaron sat down too, there was a force throwing me upwards into the air, it was sort of like a see-saw. OMG, What a feeling.
Nick, was our server if I remember correctly. I thought Nick was a guy's name but our server was a lady. Anyways, Nick introduced herself "Hi, I am Nick.. I will be taking your orders".
Aaron got excited and started introducing ALL of us. "Oh, hello Nick.. I am Aaron, and this is Marvin, that is Boon Yew and that is Sean."
Boon Yew, Sean and I looked awkwardly at each other.
I cannot imagine how that would be like if we went out in a big group.
When Nick was taking our orders, she kept telling us that all the servings are very big and that we would be better off sharing the food. After all, "Sharing is Caring", she said. Aaron told Nick, "Oh.. sure can finish one... we have this guy here", while pointing at me. Bastard.
It was obvious that he was trying to impress Nick with his sweet-talking skills. Throughout the night, Aaron was trying to embarrass me for calling him a pimp daddy. For those of you who don't know, Aaron is quite the rapper, and everyone knows that rappers are also part-time pimps. You should have been there when Aaron was rapping to Will Smith's "Men In Black".
Soooo cool!
He even did the female parts!
What a man!
After dinner, we went to Cineleisure to discover that it wasn't open yet. Aaron started to assault the guard with his questions. "When is this place going to open?" "What will this place have inside?" "So this is a shopping centre?" "Another shopping centre?! Aren't there already so many shopping centres around here already?!"
Feeling disappointed, we walked back inside the Curve. There was an area where they were promoting soccer products. There was an uncle playing the FIFA World Cup 06 game on the PS2. My friends and I stood behind him to watch. The promoter walked up to us and told one of my friends to play against him. Winner gets a prize. My friend was reluctant so instead... all my friends, knowing that I am a soccer game fan, pushed me to play with that uncle. I don't have a PS2 and I was playing against an uncle... pressure pressure... I picked Spain and the damn uncle chose Brazil. Everyone knows Brazil is a damn cheating team in ALL soccer games.
Boon Yew made a bet with Sean that I will lose 3-0. Isn't it great to have friends who have such high confidence in you.
I made it through the first half without conceding. Phew... 0-0
But later in the second half... well... Boon Yew was right. I lost 3-0.
The worst part is that the stupid promoter had to grab his mic and announce it to the whole fucking place.
Well... at least I still won a Sony pen and some Adidas stickers.... Wow....


1 Comments:
At 4:39 PM,
Anonymous said…
hmmm....wonder what would the score be if it were a hot chick instead of an uncle ^_^
Post a Comment
<< Home