marv

Don't spam me

Monday, September 26, 2005

Dinner at Restaurant Stranger

Here I am, posting pics on food again.
What to do... life has no meaning to me without food.
Last Friday, I went with a couple of buddies to Restaurant Stranger in SS2 near my place.
It is a weird name for a restaurant don't you think? I think it is operated by China people. Maybe they feel that like strangers in this country hence the restaurant's name. Or maybe coz they have a competitor called Restaurant Strange and the name Restaurant Stranger is just to piss their competitors off... Actually, that is not a bad idea also. Maybe next to SS2 Murni, someone can start a new mamak called SS2 Lebih Murni or SS2 Murni-er.
The steamboat stove at this place looks quite fancy and most importantly, it looks clean. Since this place is quite new, I guess everything should still look clean. I think I should wait till later on to judge.
This stove is much better than some of the places where they light the fire beneath the table.
Shit man... that is very bad for us guys. You crack an egg inside to cook it but i bet it'll be your eggs that cooks 1st :P

A waitress came to take our order and it was damn obvious she was from China. She spoke Mandarin with an accent, she had the China face, she was damn skinny and she was flat-chested too! I was not staring, OK? She was wearing an apron and it was just that when I discovered "something" was missing from her apron then I noticed. Anyway, she asked us what soup we wanted. Either the herbal soup or the porridge type. Before even asking us, one of my friends straight away told her that we wanted the herbal soup. What the shit is that?!
What next? Will he be deciding on what underwear we wear?!










OK, another good thing about the stove. Unlike Restoran Talipon, when you do the grilling, the oil does not splatter and cause lots of scalds on your poor hands. Oh, and it is non-stick too.

After eating, I went to get some ice-cream for desert with my friend. I was scooping some ice cream for myself then suddenly some fat bitch came and stood next to me. She was holding a plate of watermelons in one hand and with a bowl to scoop out the ice cream in the other hand. Suddenly she pointed to the ice cream and said something. I don't know what the hell she said. Probably in Mandarin. I assume that she was asking me to help her scoop the ice cream for her. Fuck mann.... already cut queue summore want me to help her scoop ice cream! Put down the fucking watermelons first lah! Who the fuck is going to steal them?!
I just pretended I didn't hear her. I think I was doing her a favour. She was quite large and shouldn't have been eating too much ice cream anyway. At least I made her burn some calories by scooping her own ice cream.

I did not finish my ice cream so I decided to play with my food. Yes, childish. But fun.
I mixed a bowl of raw egg with ice cream, cooking oil and some soup. Then I added some artistic touches to the top of the mixture with a straw.
A friend of mine pointed out that some of the oil in the bowl looked like something. I looked at it for a second then I burst out laughing!
I thought it looked like sperm. Hmm.. but I don't know if that was what my friend was thinking. But he is so hamsap, surely that must be it!
After dinner, they gave us a small piece of paper to fill. It was a lucky draw contest form to win a free trip for 2 to Hong Kong. Had to fill in personal details and a slogan as well.
"I like to eat at Restaurant Stranger because..."
No one knew what to write in.
So in the end, I wrote "Coz here got alot of food to play with."
Sigh, not very good leh. Looks like we won't be going to Hong Kong :(

1 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger ahhead21 said…

    Dude!! Where r you? Why remove from Yahoo Fantasy?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home