marv

Don't spam me

Monday, September 05, 2005

Saturday night steamboat with family

On Saturday night, I went for steamboat with my family at Kg Chempaka. Actually on Friday night, I was also in Kg Chempaka for dinner with friends. We drove around that area looking for a place to have dinner and I mentioned that the food at this place isn't bad since we were undecisive anyway. But amongst us, there is a guy with very high standards who is very difficult to please. It's never good enough for him. So as usual, we ended up where HE wanted to go. Not that the place he suggested wasn't good. In fact, it was quite good. What I am trying to say is that he likes to be the odd one out. What others like, he must dislike.. like that.
Example: Restaurant Paris in SS2... everyone likes that place except him. He says that if we are going there, don't call him along woh...
So OK loh... we've been there a couple of times already without calling him along. Mwahah.

This place was packed on Saturday night. Almost a full house.
If you look inside a restaurant and you see a full house, it's either the food is damn good or the food is cheap.
While taking orders, the waitress told us that we had 2 choices of soup. Either the clear soup, or the porridge type. We have never tried the porridge one before so we decided on that one.

Before
The standard steamboat ingredients.
Minus the egg and the noodles. I guess noodles and egg don't go so well with porridge :P

After
The pot they gave was quite big. So it took a fucking while to cook the stuff. That part of the wait was damn annoying. I think I might have grown some white hair in the process.
But after all that wait, I guess it was quite worth it lah.
Prices were reasonable.

Next week go KL makan?
Gotta make full use of the Red Box coupons I got on my birthday.
I wonder what's in store for my tummy next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home