Interview at MNC Wireless
Yesterday I had an interview with MNC Wireless Sdn Bhd for the post of Software Engineer - Web/WAP Applications.
I was not very familiar with the location of their office so I had to rely on the accuracy of the map in their website to get there.
From the map, it shows that if I come from Jln Damansara, I would have to turn left and then it's straight all the way then I should see the place.
So I turned left and went straight till I came to a 3 way junction at a traffic light. The map showed straight all the way so I went straight even though that road led into a housing area. The people in this housing area are damn rich man... I saw in one house, there were 2 kids playing with a ball in their garden being watched by their bodyguard dressed in some damn fancy uniform.
Anyway, I kept going straight through this housing area thinking I should turn back when I get to a proper place to do so. But instead, I came to some buildings and I saw Southern bank. I remembered that there was a Southern bank in the map and that is how I knew I was at the right place. I went around the area looking for parking and fortunately I was able to find one within 1 or 2 minutes. I presume that it's hard to find parking there since many cars were double parked. And my parking location was quite good. Right in front of a restaurant. Man... the food smelt damn good! Felt like cancelling my interview to have dinner there :P
But I am a man who knows his priorities.. so I went for the interview anyway.
Before being interviewed, I was given 2 sets of papers to fill within a 30 minute time period. One was the standard job application form and the other was a set of questions about asp/asp.net ,php and mysql. It said to do whatever is applicable to my knowledge. So I did only the php and mysql parts. The questions were quite simple. I dare say that I'd score above 90% if that was in my uni exam :P
My interviewer was the lady who contacted me about the interview. She said that I had submitted many applications for different posts in the company which came to about 5 or 6 applications. Haha... I really don't remember submitting so many. You know lah.. Jobstreet sends emails to my mailbox, I just click click click on whatever appeals to me.
The interview was generally just to get to know my current job a little more, the projects that I have done and also to do some slight negotiation about my requested salary. As usual, the salary proved to be the stumbling block. I guess people don't like to pay me. That means I would be a failure of a loan shark.
Apart from that, the interview went alright and I should hear from them within the next 1 or 2 weeks. If shortlisted, I will be called in for a second interview.
Oh and yesterday when I was walking along the mamak restaurant outside my office, a damn cat ran between my legs and I accidentally kicked it in the stomach. Someone asked me yesterday, "Did it fly?" Well, of course not lah! Since when do cats fly? But you can bet that it must've hurt.
Oh! I forgot to mention that my interviewer was a woman. During the interview, I noticed her bra strap. It was black. Perhaps I should have complemented her on her good choice of colour to give her a good impression thus boosting my chances of getting hired!
I was not very familiar with the location of their office so I had to rely on the accuracy of the map in their website to get there.
From the map, it shows that if I come from Jln Damansara, I would have to turn left and then it's straight all the way then I should see the place.So I turned left and went straight till I came to a 3 way junction at a traffic light. The map showed straight all the way so I went straight even though that road led into a housing area. The people in this housing area are damn rich man... I saw in one house, there were 2 kids playing with a ball in their garden being watched by their bodyguard dressed in some damn fancy uniform.
Anyway, I kept going straight through this housing area thinking I should turn back when I get to a proper place to do so. But instead, I came to some buildings and I saw Southern bank. I remembered that there was a Southern bank in the map and that is how I knew I was at the right place. I went around the area looking for parking and fortunately I was able to find one within 1 or 2 minutes. I presume that it's hard to find parking there since many cars were double parked. And my parking location was quite good. Right in front of a restaurant. Man... the food smelt damn good! Felt like cancelling my interview to have dinner there :P
But I am a man who knows his priorities.. so I went for the interview anyway.
Before being interviewed, I was given 2 sets of papers to fill within a 30 minute time period. One was the standard job application form and the other was a set of questions about asp/asp.net ,php and mysql. It said to do whatever is applicable to my knowledge. So I did only the php and mysql parts. The questions were quite simple. I dare say that I'd score above 90% if that was in my uni exam :PMy interviewer was the lady who contacted me about the interview. She said that I had submitted many applications for different posts in the company which came to about 5 or 6 applications. Haha... I really don't remember submitting so many. You know lah.. Jobstreet sends emails to my mailbox, I just click click click on whatever appeals to me.
The interview was generally just to get to know my current job a little more, the projects that I have done and also to do some slight negotiation about my requested salary. As usual, the salary proved to be the stumbling block. I guess people don't like to pay me. That means I would be a failure of a loan shark.
Apart from that, the interview went alright and I should hear from them within the next 1 or 2 weeks. If shortlisted, I will be called in for a second interview.
Oh and yesterday when I was walking along the mamak restaurant outside my office, a damn cat ran between my legs and I accidentally kicked it in the stomach. Someone asked me yesterday, "Did it fly?" Well, of course not lah! Since when do cats fly? But you can bet that it must've hurt.
Oh! I forgot to mention that my interviewer was a woman. During the interview, I noticed her bra strap. It was black. Perhaps I should have complemented her on her good choice of colour to give her a good impression thus boosting my chances of getting hired!


1 Comments:
At 7:05 PM,
Anonymous said…
just the bra colour ain't gonna be enough muffin...*winks*
Post a Comment
<< Home