marv

Don't spam me

Monday, October 24, 2005

A new challenge awaits!

Last Friday it was a public holiday for Selangor; Nuzul Quran day.
I have no idea what Nuzul Quran is but for the non-Muslims, the holiday is all that matters.
In the morning, I attended a second interview with MNC Wireless at 10am. I was abit lazy to wake up early in the morning and go but for the sake of getting a better job, I had to do it.

So I went there, filled in the damn job application form again, then I waited to be interviewed. They called me into a room then I was interviewed by 2 people. One man, one woman. They asked some questions but fortunately, nothing very technical and most importantly.. NO FUCKING BRAIN TEASERS!
After they were done asking the questions, they asked me to step out for them to discuss. A couple of minutes later, the door opened, the man walked out then the lady called me in.
She said... "We have decided to offer you the job."
I was quite surprised. These people actually WANT to hire me.
They sure know potential when they see it.. hahaha...
However, the salary isn't very great. Hopefully they will improve on it after probation. But still, I take this as a step forward.
Ahh.. a step closer to being rich. Looks like I have many more stairs to climb then. Hope I don't trip and fall. Heck, why don't I just take the elevator.
This is how the office looks like.


After lunch, got home... arms felt itchy, then off I went to driving range. As usual, played badly but enjoyed it. There were some old men there resting nearby. They were probably laughing at me but nevermind...... In 20 years time I will beat them. That also goes to the old man who trashed me in badminton a few months ago.


Friday night, I went to 1U. Damn damn damn damn hard to get parking there. Took past half an hour. Restaurants also all damn packed. Ended up having dinner at Jack's Place.
Hmm.... the guy in the restaurant logo.....
Doesn't it look abit like Super Mario?
Must be a distant relative or something.








The restaurant was damn packed and there were 6 of us so we had to split into 2 tables. My friends in the other table ordered first. So of coz they got their food first. I was damn hungry. It was almost 9.30pm at that time. I kept trying to annoy them by looking over to their table and staring at their food and licking my lips.
After a while, I gave up. Then later I received a SMS alert on my handphone. I opened the message and guess what it was. A MMS picture of an almost empty bowl of onion soup sent by my friend from the other table with the message "This soup is delicious :P".
Immediately, I looked over the table and exclaimed "Bastarddd....".
Perhaps a little too loudly as I drew some stares.

Anyway, the below is what I had for dinner.









The food was so-so only but expensive. At least their waiters and waitresses were quite polite.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey bro!!

    congratulations mann!!! finally,,!!! u got wat u wanted to do .. that is to leave ur current job!! hahaha..!!! great news man!! really good news!! :D

    well.. i hope u will enjoy your new company and that you will grow career wise and also wallet wise lar.. hahahaha.. :p

    p.s.-i was in jack's place too on friday bro!! i didnt see you oso??/ hehehe.. thats because i went during lunch time.. hahaha.. :p

    :)tony

     

Post a Comment

<< Home