marv

Don't spam me

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Puki Kai Fan

I have been wanting to do this for some time now...
This is a chicken rice stall at a coffee shop near my house.
Poh Kee Chicken Rice.
I think Poh Kee is the stall owner's name.
This stall has been at the coffee shop ever since i was a small kid. But since that time already, my brother and I have been referring to this stall as Puki Chicken Rice.
Why?
I believe it went something like this....
I was having lunch with my brother at the coffee shop and we both ordered chicken rice. Then, after they sent the plates of chicken rice to our table, my brother and i looked at each other. My brother and I said to each other... "WTF? So small?! Think we're stick meh?!"
Then, I dunno my brother or I said, "Summore so expensive! This.. this... (looking at signboard) puki chicken rice!"

Poh Kee sounds like Poo Kee, and Poo Kee sounds like Puki, and Puki... well, I don't think that needs any explanation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home